Has Anyone Done Any Property Development Themselves?

Join us in here for property investment and finance issues.

Moderator: goodthingscome

Has Anyone Done Any Property Development Themselves?

Postby Jbone on Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:27 am

Hey Guys,

I am looking into developing some vacant land with a few other people and was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with doing so. We are in the very early stages of getting a team together to develop land but right now we have very little idea of what is involved.

Does anyone know of any books or learning courses in which you can learn the development process in general? Subdividing land, common building regulations in different states etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks.

Jason
Jbone
Wealth Forum Member

Postby Simon on Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:35 am

Hi Jason,

I am not sure about courses and books, but a good place to get the information in regards to sub-division, zoning and development regulations is your local council. They should be able to provide you will all the guidelines that you need to follow and they are also the ones you need to keep happy, so butter them up good too :)

Hope that helps
Simon Peirce
Graduate Support
Universal Wealth Creation
Simon
Universal Wealth Mentor

Postby Matt007 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:20 pm

You can get a good idea of property developing from Massland's option course. I would also suggest finding the town plan on the internet, making contact with some town planners, civil contractors and real estate agents so they can give you all the background and financial information you will need to complete a feasibility study.
With the option course, I wouldn't limit yourself to only doing that. Its a good course and a good methodology (I've done it myself), but I personally would also give myself the ability to do things differently as well.
DA's can be very expensive exercises, so be aware of that.
Good luck!
Matt007
Wealth Forum Member

Postby Sean on Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:22 pm

By the way, as Matt007 has mentioned, Mark has a Free DVD here for those that are interested:

http://www.propertyoptions.tv/markroltondvd.html

Regards - Sean
Sean
SR Elite Group Mentor

Postby Jbone on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:31 am

Hi Guys,

Thankyou very much for the help.

Simon, thankyou for your great advice. It seems you are the second person to recommend visiting the local council. Definitely sounds like the first step to take. Will make sure we do some good buttering of the council members hehe.

Matt, thankyou for the recommendation of the Massland option course. Something to look into. Getting the town plan on the internet is a great idea and making the network with town planners, civil contractors and real estate agents will make a massive difference. Will definitely keep aware of the expenses involved with Property Development as we have made contact with a few people who had quite a few issues when doing it.

Thanks guys,

Jason
Jbone
Wealth Forum Member

Postby mike sa on Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:28 am

Hi Jbone,

Here a few links to sites that are worth looking at.

Does a property development course

https://www.smartpropertydevelopment.co ... orkshopdvd

Join for free and they have pages of information about how to develop

http://www.propertydivas.com.au/

Also does a course and has a book on the subject

http://www.propertystrategies.net/

There is also another book called
"Australian residential property development" by ron Forlee which costs about $30.

Hope this helps. Good luck with it all
mike sa
Wealth Forum Member

Return to Property & Finance Forum