Top 10 Ways to Think Outside the Retirement Box
Are you willing to look beneath the surface of the external aspects of your retirement (how much money will you have, where will you live, etc.) and fully explore your dreams and desires? If so, you'll discover the many wonderful opportunities and options that are open to you, and embark on the most extraordinary journey of your life.
Here are ten tips to get you started thinking outside the old retirement box:
1. Don't let someone else's definition of retirement define retirement for you. You can start by casting off the outdated belief that retirement is a permanent rest stop.
2. Put yourself squarely in the driver's seat. You decide when and how you retire, and who you will be.
3. Turn the old retirement model on its head. Plan the life you want to be living. Then, figure out how much money you'll need to live it.
4. Answer the question: "What's enough"? You may find you need a lot less than you think and can retire sooner.
5. Don't put off retirement because others (aging/ailing parents, adult children) are dependent on you. Keeping your life on hold supports no one.
6. Write a personal mission statement that expresses who you are, what you'd like to do, and where you'd like to go.
7. Ignite your personal mission statement into action, and pursue your goals with gusto.
8. Think of retirement as your next career stage. Write that book, start a business, or...you fill in the blank.
9. Come up with creative ways to combine living your passion with generating income. Think in terms of both active and passive revenue streams.
10. Change your approach, shift your thinking, and get a fresh perspective. The future you dream of will never be yours as long as you're stuck in old ways of being.
About the author:
Taken from "88 Tips for Planning a Healthy, Happy, Enriching Retirement Life" by Certified Retirement Coach, Lin Schreiber, available at: http://www.revolutionizeretirement.com/tipsbooklet.htm
Copyright © 2004 - 2008 Universal Wealth Creation
|This article can be copied and reproduced only if left intact with the authors details below.|
Return to the previous index page: Wealth Creation and Financial Wealth >>
Return to the Main Investment Articles index page: Renting Shares >>
These stockmarket & business articles have been supplied in the interest of Universal Wealth Creation visitors who want to expand their knowledge in the wealth creation & investment fields such as the courses offered by Jamie McIntyre.
Other sites we recommend here at Universal Wealth Creation are: 21st Century Academy with Jamie McIntyre, Universal Trading Solutions which promotes great wealth creators like: Kim Reilly, Simon Martin, Justin Beeton, Louise Bedford, John Kaye, Daniel Kertcher & more. They run great wealth seminars across the country.
Additional speakers that appear at 21st Century Academy seminars are options & CFD gurus Nik Halik and Daniel Kertcher, motivational speakers Justin Herald and Tony Christiansen, Property investors Jason McGuiness, Rick Otton, Mark Rolton and Warren Borsje, Tax structure specialist Leigh Barker, Internet marketers Jenny Armato and Tom Hua, Trading Diary masters Bill Stacy and Andrew Dimitri from Planet Wealth, Kinetic Securities stockbroker Angus Knight and JB Global broker Justin Beeton, & Traders International and Eminis Global specialist Peter Elsworth.
Meanwhile, there is a great opportunity to learn about the stock market through reading these kind of articles. Learn about share trading, options, futures, CFD's, derivatives, warrants, indices & more in the stock market. You will also learn plenty about business & finance through authors opinions in the marketplace. Enjoy your journey towards financial freedom.